What are exercises you can do while at work?
- Leg exercises
- Arm exercises
- Core exercises
- Thigh and glute exercises
Living a healthy life means not only eating the right food and taking dietary supplements from brands like Beyonde, but also exercising regularly. Unfortunately, many of us struggle with finding time for physical activity. We spend most of our days in the office, just sitting down by our desks. Instead of going to the gym, why not just work out in the office instead? These are exercises everyone can do while you are at work:
Use the stairs instead of the elevator during your breaks.
- To make the most out of your stairs, climb them with the proper walking posture. First, make sure your shoulders, hip, knees, and ankles are in a straight line. Next, hold your head high with your navel pulled to your spine.
- As you walk, hold the handrail for added balance and count the number of steps you take to avoid looking down.
Seated Leg Raisers
- First, make sure your chair has a lot of leg space.
- Sit near the edge of the chair, then straighten your right leg.
- Raise your right leg and then lower it. Do the same for the left leg.
- Alternate between right and left leg for 30 reps.
- Place your hands on the back of your chair as support.
- Kick your left leg until your feet reach the back of your thigh.
- Lower the leg and do the same step on the other side.
- Do 10 reps.
- Place your hands on a wall with arms at shoulder length and straight elbows close to your side.
- To do a pushup, just inhale and bend your elbows at 90 degrees. Afterward, straighten your elbows and exhale.
- One set is 12 pushups.
- Stand with feet shoulder-width apart and bend your knees slightly.
- With your arms by your side, face your palms to the back.
- Move your arms from the back for 5 seconds, and then move it to the front. Do this for 20 reps.
Instead of weights, you can use two water bottles or juice bottles, like Beyonde Maqui Plus.
- While standing, take the bottles in both hands and face your palms upward.
- Start curling your arms from your thighs up toward your chest. Pause in this position for 5 seconds before bringing it down.
- Repeat these bicep curls 15 times.
- While sitting down, straighten your back and place feet firmly on the ground.
- Put your hands on a prayer position.
- Push both hands with contracted arm muscles for 20 seconds, then lower your hands.
- Repeat 10 reps.
Desk Chair Swivels
Twirling your chair will strengthen your oblique muscles.
- Move your chair away from your table until only fingertips reach.
- Raise your feet until they hover and stand straight.
- Contract your core and twirl your chair in the left, center, and right direction while your upper-body stays still.
- Repeatedly swivel your chair until you reach 20 reps.
Double Knee Lifts
- Sit near the edge of your desk chair.
- Place feet firmly on the ground and hands on the bottom of the chair seat for balance.
- With your core, raise your knees and lower them. Repeat this 10 times.
This simple exercise not only strengthens your core but is also a great position to do while you work at your desk.
- Stand straight and clench your butt cheeks. To make clenching easier, put a bit of distance between your spine and the back of the chair
Thigh and Glute Exercises
A movement that serves as a fantastic variation of a static hold.
- Start the exercise by standing with a straight back against a wall, with feet shoulder width apart and 1 foot away from the surface.
- Then, bend your knees until they are in a 90-degree angle. Make sure that your knees are directly above your ankles.
- For 60 seconds, stay in the position while contracting your abdominal muscles
- Repeat for 10 reps.
A great exercise to do before your meeting.
- Face sideways to a wall and place your hand on the surface.
- Stand with feet shoulder width apart.
- Raise your heels until you are standing on tippy toes.
- Stand on your tippy toes for 5 seconds then lower back down.
- Repeat everything 12 times.
Work your thighs by carrying a load in between your knees.
- Get any small load in your office (ex. Rolled towel, Beyonde Maqui Plus bottle).
- Put your feet firmly on the ground while sitting down, and place the load in between your knees. Then, hold your hands by the hips.
- Using your core and thighs, lift up both knees up to the chest.
- While your knees are lifted, extend your legs forward and squeeze the thighs for 3 seconds before bringing your knees down.
- Repeat for 15 reps.
To live a healthy life, you should not just stick with consuming the right food and Beyonde supplements, but he or she should exercise regularly. Unfortunately, most of our time is spent in the office. Exercise is not strictly limited to the gym. Besides the movements listed above, there are many ways that you can get a good work out in, even at work!